The DLR Drug and Alcohol Task Force (DLR – DATF) was set up in 1997 and is one of 14 local task forces in the country.
The DLR – DATF is legally incorporated, and its members consist of personnel involved with substance misuse issues from community, voluntary and statutory sectors and public representatives. It also includes independent members.
We oversee and coordinate the local implementation of the National Drug Strategy in accordance with identified needs in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown.
Our primary focus is on supporting treatment interventions and targeted prevention activities. We also support inter-agency training, information sharing and generating local knowledge and awareness around substance misuse – both drugs and alcohol - as a public health issue for society.
DATF Governance Members
- Chair: Sandra Campbell (Community - Southside Partnership)
- David Bradshaw (Voluntary agencies, National Family Support Network
- Bríd Corcoran (Dublin and Dun Laoghaire ETB)
- Mary Doheny (Independent, former community worker, retired)
- Colette Farrington (Community - Ballyogan FRC)
- Geraldine Fitzpatrick (Voluntary agencies, drug treatment)
- Grainne Fennell (Community - Southside Travellers Action Group)
- Aoibhinn King (HSE)
- Claire McEwen (Community - Hillview FRC)
- Nora Moriarty (Voluntary agencies, Crosscare - Dundrum youth service)
- Peter O’ Brien (Public representative)
- Una Power (Public representative)
- Ian Smalley (DLR Co Council)
- Theresa Waters (Community - Loughlinstown)
- Kevin Webster (Túsla)
- Alex White (Independent, former government minister, senior counsel)
The DLR Drug and Alcohol Task Force has responsibility to assign annual budgets as per the following:
(1) €786,755 - HSE (assigned to DLR-CAT, Barnardos, MYP and DATF)
(2) €94,676 - Department of Health (assigned to DATF and DLR-CAT: youth)
(3) €40,687 - Department of Children and Youth Affairs: UBU
The DLR Drug and Alcohol Task Force has published a number of reports and publications over the past number of years, the most relevant ones are available on the Publications page.
Other Local Task Forces
- Cork City
- Dublin 12
- North Dublin Inner City
- Finglas & Cabra
In addition to the local task forces, there are also regional drug task forces.
Regional Drug Task Forces
- North Dublin
- North East
- North West
- South East
- Dublin South West Regional